The stress of trying to manage it all when it feels like one is drowning is exhausting! My clients often struggle with feeling depleted. They’re tired, their thoughts keep racing, the anxiety is overwhelming, and they often feel very stuck and alone in their pain. It’s a lot! And when stressors occur, it’s okay to not feel okay, it simply means that we are human.
My practice offers the most effective forms of treatment to get the relief from anxiety that you deserve. When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, research shows that therapy is usually the most effective option. That’s because anxiety therapy – as opposed to anxiety medication – treats more than just symptoms to the problem. Therapies like EMDR and IFS can help you uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, learn how to relax, look at situations in a new, less frightening way, and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
Some symptoms of anxiety include:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
If you suffer from anxiety symptoms, I invite you to contact me today for a free consultation.